Saturday 17 September 2011

Listen : dressuptomessup mix #1



Tracklist:
Gene Pitney - 24 Sycamore
Nancy Sinatra - Tonight You Belong To Me
The Lemonheads - If I Could Talk I'd Tell You
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding
J Mascis - Not Enough
Orange Juice - Louise Louise
Thurston Moore - Benediction
Sleater-Kinney - One More Hour
Kurt Vile - Invisibility: Nonexistent
Carpenters - Superstar
Dory Previn - The Lady With The Braid
Dinah Washington - I Wanna Be Around

With the seasons changing over, I've celebrated the arrival of Autumn with two typically festive traits - getting very ill, and spending a lot of time cooped up inside as the orange nights get darker. I thought I'd be able to get some writing done with all of this down time, but the only activities I've been able to muster energy for have been watching The Inbetweeners, making a vat of soup and painting my nails. I AM SO BORED.

It's nice to see the trees turning shades of red and copper from the window, and feeling snug under my duvet, though. I've been listening to a lot of comfort tunes - songs that accompanied crunching through leaves on my way home from secondary school or moping around my bedroom when it rained too hard to venture out. Songs that remind me of late nights sitting up with friends in the kitchen and listening to on headphones under the covers when I couldn't sleep. Warming, familiar sounds that go some way to curing this cold.

And so I introduce to you the first dressuptomessup mix! I've been lazy and ended up making it on Spotify, which I'm ashamed about. But that's easier for everyone, right?  Even if you ONLY listen to the Dory Previn track, then that's fine. I think I've now played it 100 times over, and I love it more and more every time. Anyway, I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment